Steerable GRUNDOPIT mini drill rigs are used for the trenchless construction of house connections for gas, water, power, FTTH and sewage pressure lines along complicated bore paths using HDD, e.g. within existing infrastructures, in confined spaces, demanding terrain such as slopes and/or difficult soils.
In addition to house connections, parallel bores of up to 100 m length und short undercrossings are also possible with thesemini horizontal directional drilling machines Depending on the soil, a water-polymer drilling fluid or a bentonite drilling fluid is used. Depending on the type of drilling, pipe diameter, soil type, bore length and degree of difficulty, HDD bores with the small drill can be launched out of a pit or a circular keyhole.
In the minimally invasive keyhole method with the GRUNDOPIT KS50 horizontal directional drilling machine house connections are installed out of the smallest possible round construction pit (keyhole Ø 65 cm) from the main pipe directly into the house or into a small construction pit in front of the house. All connection work is carried out above ground and the keyhole is then restored with the removed drill core without additional asphalt work or consequential damage.
- Compact steerable small drills for pit or keyhole launch
- Fast and gentle construction of house connections as well as undercrossings and longitudinal bores
- The small drilling machines require only minimal excavation pits
- Application of HDD even in confined spaces and densely built-up areas
- Flat bores near the surface above existing pipe networks
- short setup time, fast assembly and disassembly
- long service life, low wear, high productivity
- House connections
for gas, water, wastewater, power, fibre optics (FTTH) directly out of or into the building without head holes in front of the house
short bores for data, supply and disposal lines underneath streets, railway embankments, buildings, gardens or other valuable surfaces
- Longitudinal bores
for data, supply and disposal lines parallel to streets, waters and buildings up to 100 m length
- Rock drilling
by means of a pneumatically driven hammer bore head
- Bores out of manholes from up to Ø 1 m
- Bores out of Keyholes from up to Ø 650 mm