For the past 30 years pipe bursting has been a worldwide approved method for the renewal of pressure and gradient pipes with new pipe of equal or larger diameter. In the process, the old pipe is replaced by a new pipe of equal or larger diameter. Using static pipe bursting with GRUNDOBURST, lengths of up to 150 m can be achieved in both directions from out of a machine pit.
With the powerful and robust GRUNDOBURST hydraulic bursting rigs, damaged pipes up to Ø 1,200 mm (circular and oval profiles) can be replaced without trenches. First, the rig pushes the bursting rods through the old pipe. The specially developed QuickLock rods are not screwed together but simply and firmly connected with a click-shut coupling. This considerably simplifies handling on the job site. Also slight bends can be driven with the QuickLock rods. Once the cutting tool and the new pipe have been attached, the pulling-in process begins. The GRUNDOBURST rigs develop a pulling force of 40 t to 250 t.
In addition to the complete renewal of pipes using static pipe bursting, the versatile GRUNDOBURST hydraulic bursting rigs can also be used for the partial repair and renovation of pipes. An extensive choice of static pipe bursting equipment and accessories enables these rehabilitation methods to be carried out safely and trouble-free.
- For trenchless pipe renewal and renovation of almost all types of damages and old pipe materials
- Static bursting enables pipe renewal up to Ø 1,200mm with equal or larger nominal diameters
- Simple and safe QuickLock bursting rod connection without screwing, even slight bends can be driven
- Pipe bursting means a completely new pipe with a service life of 80-100 years in the existing route
- Can be used as a hydraulic bursting machine for trenchless pipe renewal and for various pipe rehabilitation methods
- Static pipe bursting for pipe renewal also with cross-section enlargement
- Calibre pipe bursting for pipe renewal with cross-section reduction
- Pipe rehabilitation using the Tight-in-Pipe method
- Pipe rehabilitation by means of pipe reduction
- Pipe rehabilitation by means of pipe relining
- 01. Two latch fingers – low wear, 100% transmission of force, optimum rod attachment
- 02. Integrated, telescopic add-on frame – flexible adaptation to available space, low setup times, simple recovery of accessories
- 03. Comprehensive accessories for practically all old and new pipe materials as well as for short and long pipes – broad application range, cost effective use
- 04. Very simple, robust frame design – resistant, durable, economical
- 05. Rods are resistant to dirt – low maintenance effort, low wear
- 06. Optimum power to weight ratio – only small transport and lifting equipment required